Saturday, January 8

How Excited Am I?


Here, I'll tell ya: very excited! Why? you may ask...because I got a
Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine for Christmas that's why! I did a lot of research for a way to cut perfect felt shapes and decided this baby was the way to do it. I have a Cricut Expression machine which I heart, but it's really only good for paper and like materials that resist the drag of the blade. Felt is too soft and would just bunch up. This week Michael's had die cut dies and accessories on sale for 40% off so I picked up two (the selection was lame!) and I got three more dies from eBay. Now I can cut perfect circles in six sizes, cut eight sizes and kinds of flowers and four sizes/shapes of leaves. Besides feeding my inner Perfection Monster, I'm hoping that this tool will be a time saver since hand sewing is inherently time consuming (again somewhat attributable to the aforementioned Monster). Stay tuned for some felt flower power!

No comments:

Post a Comment